Monday, August 27, 2012

Hey Look, it's an Update

A lot's been going on in my life and as soon as my friends graduated college and then returned back to this area most of my spare time has been spent hanging out with them.  I stopped updating regularly in May, which is a long fucking time ago, so I'll update you on my life.

I started a show at the theatre I have been working with most often at the beginning of June.  I finished that production at the end of August.  It involved 45 children, five directors, and four stage managers.  It was by far the largest show I've worked and the first that had automation (where the scenery moves because of motors as opposed to be moved by people).  I was head asm and I was managing a crew of seven other people (strictly stage crew) and also checking in with four dressers.  To say the least, I was very busy.  But I think that the show went off very nicely.

While this was all happening we were all trying to hang out with Kat as much as possible, who was moving out of the state for what I count as the foreseeable future.  It was weird because I'm not sure I've ever had a friend move out of the state before.  I miss her, but she has a good job and seems to be getting on well.

What else did I do?  I went to Canada with Kelsey (who I have mentioned previously as Will) and her sister for an anime convention.  Kelsey and I both make stuffed, plush "toys" (as the border crossing person called them).  They sold pretty well actually and it was a ton of fun.

I've had the last three weeks off which is mostly good because Boyfriend, Lana, and Kelsey, and I move into an apartment this coming Saturday and I've been very busy packing up my entire life.  It's crazy some of the things I've kept from childhood.  I've moved plenty of times before, but never with the intention of moving out of my parent's house permanently.  It's a lot of work.

My twenty-somethingth birthday was a few weeks ago.  At the chance of earning older people's wrath, I'm still going to say that I feel really old now.  I'm out in the real world working and moving in with three of my favorite people.  Life this coming year will be interesting (also, I'm amused by the fact that I still base years off the school year).

That's mostly it I think.  A lot happened, too much to recount easily in one post.  Oh.  I have an interview at a theatre I haven't worked at tomorrow.  I keep hoping I'll get hired back at the other theatre, but they haven't contacted me.  Oh well.  I'm also refereeing volleyball, which is exciting because I've really missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment