Monday, October 3, 2011

Loving your Job

This relates to something I said in my last post and that is: I honestly believe you should (at least) like your job.  I love my job and really can't think of anything else I would rather be doing (though I am going to try to pick up a second job because I'm broke).  I know this isn't how it is for most or even many people, but if your job is making you miserable and you dread going, maybe look into another career.

Okay, now I just sound naive and like I live in this utopian fantasy.  "There's a depression/recession in progress," you say,  "Changing careers isn't that easy and besides at least this job gives me stability!"  And the thing is, all of those are valid reasons to keep a job you hate, reasons I can't really argue against.  I just think it's stupid to raise your children believing that they can be whatever they want to be if many of them just settle for whatever job they can get.

My views on this are confused and biased so I'm not sure what else I can say.  All I know is that I'm extremely lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment