Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Social Beliefs Over Time

I had the idea when I got up this morning to track my different beliefs on social issues throughout the course of my life and below is the table I came up with.  I'm having a hard time finding a readable size in blogger (and inserting actual tables into blogger is a pain in the ass), so here is a google docs link.

It's interesting to look because after elementary I began to have a more clear view of the issues, and thus a more coherent statement of my beliefs.  Then I had several large belief changes throughout the course of high school.  College however stayed largely the same, with the exception of my views on the legality of drugs.  And then post college (which honestly has been only half a year) I have some fairly large changes to my thinking.

It was a fun exercise for me and I learned quite a few things about myself.

Note: I promised Boyfriend I would add this as a note.  He wanted to add: "Church and State, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" to my views about separation of church and state.


1 comment:

  1. Basically my views on all of these (minus global warming and flag burning, the former is important and the latter I've never really put any thought into) for as long as I can remember: "if it isn't hurting anyone, it's not anyone's business. I don't fucking care what you do, just don't hurt other people." I'm not really sure how that happened, but I can't remember thinking anything else.

    ReplyDelete